Monday, February 9, 2015

A Lovely Day


 Today I watched the sun creep up
Behind the distant hills,
I listened to the symphony
Of birds resound their trills.
They seemed to greet this brand-new day
With praise to God above,
And in the stillness I knelt down
To thank Him for His love.

I took time from my chores today
To walk a country way
When April burst with glory
In a magnificent display.
I watched the meadow flowers dance
A rainbow Spring ballet,
And there my soul was filled with peace
As worries slipped away.

I saw a child upon a swing 
Whose face was wet with tears.
Her dolly had a broken arm -
I tried to calm her fears.
A broken doll and heart to mend
Were not just what I planned,
But oh, to see her happy smile
Made my day extra gland.

I bought some flowers at a stand,
A pretty, bright bouquet,
I gave them to a shut-in friend
Who said it "made her day."
God's presence seemed to fill my heart
Each step along the way.
I found such joy in simple things -
It was a lovely day!

~ Beverly J. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment