Sunday, September 27, 2015

The Power of Prayer


Gentle Savior, loving Lord,
Have mercy on Your child!
The waves are crashing overhead -
The wind is blowing wild.
I cannot see the light of day,
For darkness fell so fast;
No one can hear my cries for help
Above the stormy blast.

I'm reaching out to You, O God;
You are my only hope!
I can't hold out much longer,
And alone, I cannot cope.
Oh, send some sign that You are here
So I will not despair -
Give me reason to hold on...
And know You truly care.

 But wait, what's that I see in this dark night
That wasn't there before?
It looks to be a beacon bright,
Beckoning me to shore!

My fervent prayer was heard! Praise God!
My strength has been renewed.
I've seen the power of prayer,
And I know what I must do...
Follow the light back to the shore,
Never stray from its beam!
It is my one and only refuge,
And I see within its gleam...

A reflection on the billows
That tells me all's not lost,
For I see glowing upon the waves...
The outline of a cross.

~ Denise A. DeWald

The effectual fervent
prayer of a righteous
man availeth much.
James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment