Tuesday, September 8, 2015

My "Pot of Gold"


Dear Lord, I come to thank Thee
For Your wonders from above,
The clear, blue sky, the green-leafed trees,
This wondrous land I love.

I see Your great creations
In lovely birds that sing,
And all the glories of this world,
And in every living thing.

The rainbow's hues as they appear
Against a sky of rain,
The pasteled clouds of pink and gold
Against the desert plains.

The mountains high, the still, cool glades,
The oceans as they roar...
These are the cherished things
That I am thankful for.

In Nature, You have worked
Creation to its best,
It lifts and feeds my spirit
And gives my very being rest.

But let me not forget
The most precious gift to me,
That "pot of gold" that is my soul,
That I offer up to Thee.

~ Phyllis Mellina

You are my God, I give You thanks;
my God, I offer You praise.
Psalm 118:28

No comments:

Post a Comment