Monday, June 1, 2015

The Answer


 Where shall I see His countenance,
The beloved face of God?
On a busy road where hurried feet
Of pedestrians have trod?
Or shall I find Him in the peace
Of a quiet country lane?
Will His face be visible to me
In sunshine or the rain?
When shall I hear His gentle voice?
In the whisper of the breeze,
Or will it be a wilder shout
With the rustling of the trees?

How will I know when He is near?
Will I feel His hand in mine?
When I walk the darkened ways of life
Without a welcome sign?
If I can keep my belief alive,
Although I may walk alone,
Somehow I will meet the Lord
Once my faltering faith has grown.
Then I will see without a doubt
My Savior and I will not part.
He will be my Guide and keep me safe
If He dwells within my heart.

~ Jean Conder Soule


No comments:

Post a Comment