Thursday, June 11, 2015

Dancing with the Butterflies

 
The wisteria was in full bloom,
It hung in veils of pearly white.
The sweet fragrance of its blossoms
Added pleasure to this lovely sight.
 
I, in awe and breathless silence stood;
For fitting and dancing above the blooms
Were dozens of delicate butterflies,
Drawn to the nectar and sweet perfume.
 
In quiet solitude I watched them dance,
As they proudly spread celestial wings.
I felt the presence of God in the air;
It is through Him all beauty springs.
 
Oh, how lovely is the earth this day;
She parades her beauty before my eyes.
If I had only been given gossamer wings,
I'd go dancing with the butterflies!
 
~ Barbara Cagle Ray
 
How precious is Your love,
O God! We take refuge in the
shadow of Your wings.
Psalm 36:8
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment