Monday, June 15, 2015

Praise at Evening


 Thy world, dear God, is glorious
As far as eye can see;
I praise You for its beauty
With my heart on bended knee.

Laid out before me spreads a field,
Rain quickened, full and green;
Tall stalks of rye lift straight and tall,
The grain head crisp and clean.

Along the road dried new-mown hay
Lies browned by Summer's heat;
A sweet and musky fragrance lifts
As it's crushed beneath my feet.

Small, purple flowerlets crown a field
Where small butterflies at play
Whirl and flutter, light and sip
Sweet nectar on their way.

This earth, dear heavenly Father,
Is Thy gift to all mankind;
We left our voices in praise to Thee
With heart, and soul, and mind.

~ Lola Neff Merritt

You will show me the path to life,
abounding joy in Your presence, the
delights at Your right hand forever.
Psalm 16:11


No comments:

Post a Comment