Sunday, June 21, 2015

If "Memories Are Golden"

 
 If "memories are golden,"
I'm rich as I can be
As I recall the blessings
That God has given me.
 
As long as I can remember,
He gave me daily bred
And provided me with shelter
Whenever I was led.
 
In the "valley of the shadow,"
I knew He was near
For His Spirit dwelled within me
To vanquish my fear.
 
Each trial and temptation
Became a stepping stone,
And my tears were only interest
For all the joy I've known.
 
My past is paved with memories
That make me what I am,
For I have known the Shepherd
Since I was a lamb.
 
If "memories are golden,"
I would not trade a one
As I recall the blessings
And all that God has done!
 
~ Clay Harrison
 
Then all who take refuge in You will be glad
and forever shout for joy. Protect them that You
may be the joy of those who love Your name.
Psalm 5:12

No comments:

Post a Comment