Sunday, May 31, 2015

To Climb a Mountain


 Each time I pass a mountain range,
A passion swells in me
To challenge what some mountain flaunts -
And what I cannot see.
I wonder what there is to find
And what the mountain hides
Beyond the scope of what I see -
Just on the other side.
And when, at times, I look above
At mountains in the sky -
I wonder what the clouds defend
That hides from human eyes,
For there is born, again, this urge
That passion swell in me
To see what lies beyond the scope
Of what my eyes can see.
Two lofty mountains I would climb
To see the other side:
The one that calls to me on earth;
The other in the sky.
But Heaven's mount I must ascend
In careful, Christian ways,
For God will grant no second climb -
Beyond my Judgment Day.

~ Michael Dubina


No comments:

Post a Comment