Sunday, May 17, 2015

I Hear God's Voice


 I hear God's voice in gentle wind
That whispers through the trees
And in the crunchy, rustling sound
Of Autumn's fallen leaves.

In each lilting birdsong ringing,
The cooing of a dove,
In the murmur of a peaceful stream
He tells me of His love.

I hear God's voice when thunder rolls
And in the ocean's roar,
The little waves that gently lap
Along the sandy shore.

In the laughter of little children
Playing in places near
And in each kind word spoken
His voice to me so dear.

When the future path looks dark
And my heart is filled with fear,
It's then I hear Him gently say,
"Be still and know I'm near."

God speaks to me in countless ways
No matter where I trod,
And when I humbly kneel in prayer,
How sweet the voice of God.

~ Kay Hoffman

The voice of the Lord is mighty;
the voice of the Lord is majestic.
Psalm 29:4

No comments:

Post a Comment