Friday, May 1, 2015

The Eagle


Come walk with me today
beneath God's bright blue sky,
See the eagle in the distance,
Ride the currents, gliding high.

Reaching upward, ever upward,
Almost disappear from view,
Then returning to her small ones
When the heat of day is through.

And I feel quite like the eagle
Flying high when all is well,
Never thinking of storms raging
In the sky and heart as well.

Your love is like the sun, my God,
That helps the eagle rise.
Without it in this world I know
We could never reach the sky.

We would always sit upon the rim,
And never dare to fly.
The valley then would be our home.
And happiness would die.

So always walk the world, my friend,
In the Sunshine of His love.
Don't sit upon the rim and dream,
Fly with eagles - high above.

~ Nancy Smith



No comments:

Post a Comment