Sunday, May 3, 2015

Before the Dawn of Day

 
Oh may I seek Thee, Father, God,
Before the dawn of day;
That I might find, through eyes of faith,
All cobwebs swept away.
If I have failed, in evening hours,
To do Thy perfect will;
Oh may I, God, come morning light,
My mission to fulfill!
Oh help me fathom, Father, God,
Thy bounties all around;
That I not cease to praise Thy name,
My joy in Thee abounds!
May I recall a special morn
When darkened were the skies;
When mammoth stone was rolled away,
As tears filled Mary's eyes!
For she heard Jesus call her name,
As none had done before,
And thus, tho dawn had not appeared,
The skies were dark no more!
My Heavenly Father, tho as yet
No sunlight gilds the skies;
Oh may I, God, through joy in Thee,
Be blest in Thy dear eyes!
 
~ Sancie Earman King
 


No comments:

Post a Comment