Sunday, April 5, 2015

I Thank God for My Home

 
 When sunrise lights the morning skies
Over our village paradise
And roosters crow their "wake-up" call
For us to hear, both one and all,
I thank God for my home.
It's not a palace for a king;
It's just a country cottage, small,
But, oh, the joys it ever brings,
Joys nestled there within its walls.
Here family lives with God as guide;
Here love for one another reigns.
All things are taken in their stride;
Concern for each one never wanes.
The windowsills hold flowers, bright,
That shed a ray of welcome here
And beckon to the flowers outside,
The gardens with their floral cheer.
When sunup fills the earthen floor
And touches on each village door
And folks begin their work each day
I n their same good old-fashioned way,
I thank God for my home.
 
~ Loise Pinkerton Fritz

No comments:

Post a Comment