Friday, April 24, 2015

Beside the Waters

 
 Beside the quiet rippling streams
My Lord is leading me,
All nature bears His spoken word
In everything I see.
For lo, He comes to comfort me
And sits down at my side,
He whispers in the breezes
Blowing gently through my mind.
The waters ripple gently on,
So quiet and serene,
And on its waves I see His truth
Reflecting like a dream.
 
And mounted up on eagle's wings,
The Master makes me soar,
Above the waters running still
And all because He's Lord.
Reflected on the ripples are
The trees and skies above,
Resplendent with the sun,
As warm as God's abiding love.
A place where I find solitude
Without a single care,
Beside the waters deep and still,
My Father leads me there.
 
~ Thomas P. McHugh
 
...he leadeth me beside still waters.
He restoreth my soul...
Ps. 23:2-3
 


No comments:

Post a Comment