Friday, April 3, 2015

Cabin of My Dreams

 
There is a cabin of my dreams
To which I often go,
Sometime amid the Autumn leaves
Or nestled in the snow.
It's close beside a crystal stream,
Wherein I often swim,
And there are deer who never mind
That I am watching them.
There is a cabin of my dreams,
Rustic, quaint and small,
And yet I feel when I am there
I surely have it all.
It has two ample windows
Through which the sunlight streams,
And when dusk falls, the honeysuckle
Drifts into my dreams.
There is no need to lock the door,
No one lives out this far,
And I do very well indeed
Without a bus or car.
I've spent some happy hours
On that bench beneath the trees,
My homemade bread is sweetened
With wild honey from the bees.
Because one cannot see it
Doesn't mean it isn't there,
It is my secret refuge
From a world so full of care.
Within its walls an atmosphere
Of true simplicity,
And we are one, who dwell within,
...My little dog and me.
~ Grace E. Easley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment