Monday, August 18, 2014

My Cabin of Dreams

 
It stands on a hill, my Cabin of Dreams,
And touches each lure of the sky -
And all that is fine of boulder and vine,
No log and no stone will deny.
It's simple and humble - each window is small -
Its roof is the bark of a tree,
But never a castle has ever been built
Whose dreams are more fonder to me.
 
There is not a gate where strangers must wait
For judgment of mission or aim;
The path to its door no step will deplore -
All strangers are welcomed the same.
Its timbers are rustic; its rafters are bold;
It tells of the meadow and mire,
But Heaven can only compare to the dreams
That live by the glow of its fire.
 
Yet all of this bounty I cannot divide
With friends whom I dearly adore;
And all of the riches God gave to my hearth
I cannot bequeath from its store.
A vestige of Heaven each friend may enjoy -
Each comfort and pleasure is free -
But I am the builder and dreamer of dreams
God gave to my cabin and me.
 
~ Michael Dubina

No comments:

Post a Comment