Tuesday, August 5, 2014

I Will

 
I will forgive all my hurts in every measure,
I will clear my mind of earthly treasure.
I will sow kindness and love,
I will seek the Lord's help from above.
 
I will make peace, instead of rebelling,
I will be charitable, my love o'er welling.
I will show no discontent,
I will give thanks to the Lord and repent.
 
I will pay compliments instead of derision,
I will pray for help to make the right decision.
I will give praise with the right intent,
I will promise the Lord not to invent.
 
I will accept adversities coming my way,
I will be happy with the Lord's rate of pay.
I will put out my hand to anyone in need,
I will seek the Lord's help to do a good deed.
 
I will do my best to drive out sadness,
I will replace it with gladness.
I will strive to eliminate sorrow,
I will do it today, not tomorrow.
 
I will pray to the Lord to strength my intent,
I will accept His love and be content.
 
~ John J. Gruenenwald
 


No comments:

Post a Comment