Tuesday, July 15, 2014

I Listen


I listen to the morning -
every sound at break of day
To the birds that sing so sweetly -
as the summer finds its way,
To the melody of nature -
little creatures soft and dear
And it seems my heart finds beauty
at each precious time of year.

I listen to the buzzing
of the bee within the rose
And I'm sure I hear the laughter
of the breeze in sweet repose,
It's a silent kind of music
as I sense it all around
Tiny insects lend their singing
as they scamper on the ground.

I listen to the night sounds
as the dusk would settle in
Crickets chirping in the treetops,
as the shadows now begin,
Oft I hear the noisy locust,
when the autumn days are near
Yet my mind and soul are happy
with each wondrous sound I hear.

Tis a magic kind of beauty -
like a symphony of God
A part of earth and heaven,
where the worthy then would trod,
A peacefulness I treasure
as each morning then would start
And because I know of heaven -
I listen with my heart.

~ Garnett Ann Schultz

Praise to Thee, my Lord,
for all Thy creatures.
St. Francis of Assisi
 

No comments:

Post a Comment