Friday, August 26, 2016

Things I Love


I love to sit by a shallow stream
And watch the ripple
over small pebbles
And there weave my long daydream,
Away from the world's worry and troubles.
I love to lie beneath a leafy tree
And look up high at the blue sky,
See the leaves create a fancy pattern of lace
While sail-clouds like a flimsy veil flit by.
I love a clouded sunset
With the sun gently peeping through
Cloud-castles tinted from fawn
to rosy hues.
I love a slow, drowsy dawn;
The beautiful awakening of day;
The twittering of birds on my lawn;
The mysterious night slipping away.
I love to stand on a high hill,
Scan the deep emerald valleys below,
See the friendly, peaceful rill
Like a silver ribbon zigzagging its flow.
I love the twilight shadows,
Silhouetted trees against the sky,
The vast sweet silence
Of day's gentle passing by.

~ Daisy Covin Walker

No comments:

Post a Comment