Friday, March 4, 2016

Life's Symphony


Oh, time the moments of my days,
Dear Lord, in perfect rhythm;
Not measured by an earthly score,
But harmonized in Heaven.
Oh, let me fix my eyes on Thee
So I will understand
The meaning of Thy slightest nod,
Each gesture of Thy hand.
And may I hear each whispered thought
So I will ever be
In readiness to play the part
That You have given me.

Forgive the times I've questioned this,
My small and humble score;
So oft ignoring 'holds' and 'rests,'
Alone I tried to soar
In swift allegro time and rushed
To carry out Thy will,
When suddenly the music stopped,
I heard Thy voice "Be still."
Had I been watching carefully,
Dear Lord, I would have known
That no one plays sweet music in
Life's symphony alone.

~ Alice Hansche Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment