Sunday, March 27, 2016

Letter to an Old Friend


Today old friend, I'm taking time
To write a line or two
And tell you what it's meant to walk
Friendship's path with you.

It's meant companionship and love
When others turned aside,
Help for overwhelming tasks
That flow with every tide.

It's meant when e're my feet have strayed,
You did not pass me by,
But clasped my lonely hand in yours
And held hope's candle high.

It's meant that worry, fear, and doubt
Were never borne alone;
For years ago, within your heart,
The seeds of care were sown.

It's meant my home, my dress, my ways,
Need not bow to style.
You've thoughtfully overlooked my flaws
With friendship's loving smile.

And now, old friend, I'll close with this,
Just here at the end,
And let you know my life is rich
From knowing you, my friend.

~ Helen Barker


No comments:

Post a Comment