Tuesday, August 25, 2015

My Little Country Home

 
It's often that I wander back
To visit or a while,
Back to my little country home
Where things were out of style.
 
There were no fancy linens
Or carpet on the floor,
No crystal chandelier that shined,
But we had love and more.
 
Our quilts were sewn by hand with care,
Each patch a lovely sight,
And kept us warm and comfortable
Upon a winter night.
 
I still can see a lamplight glow,
A Bible by our bed,
I still recall its sacred trust
And scripture Mother read.
 
Our home was just a humble house,
But we felt safe, secure,
And children all, both large and small,
Knew love and kindness pure.
 
Our home is still my castle and
My treasured memories,
And I can visit now and then -
My family waits for me.
 
~ Katherine Smith Matheney
 


No comments:

Post a Comment