Saturday, August 22, 2015

Miracles

 
I believe in miracles... I see them every day -
When barren trees don leaves once more,
When waves caress a sandy shore
And seasons slip away.

I believe in miracles... I hear them everywhere -
The murmur of the talking trees,
And bird song on the evening breeze,
A small child's bedtime prayers.

I believe in miracles... I smell their rare perfumes -
Apple blossoms, clover fields,
The heady scents a vineyard yields
On Autumn afternoons.

I believe in miracles... the flavors tantalize -
Sun-ripened fruit on tree or vine,
A farm-fresh egg, a vintage wine,
Warm-from-the-oven pies.

I believe in miracles... the touch of Summer rain -
And after rain the warmth of sun,
Contentment when the day is done
And I'm at home again.

I believe in miracles... the simple and the grand -
The strength God gives to face life's woes,
The blessings that He bestows
With such a caring hand.

~ Alice J. Christianson

Therefore I tell you, all that you
ask for in prayer, believe that you
will receive it and it shall be yours.
Mark 11:24
 

No comments:

Post a Comment