Sunday, January 18, 2015

On a Winter Morning

 
 I took a walk this morning,
I had to go and see,
The world of white that winter's hands,
Had fashioned just for me.
 
Alone beneath the somber skies,
I felt the silent spell,
And I beheld a fairyland
As feathered snowflakes fell.
 
Across a little wooden bridge,
My footprints in the snow,
Left little tracks which clearly told
Which way I meant to go.
 
With eyes alight and cheeks aflame,
I climbed the nearest hill,
And on the threshold of such joy
My heart grew hushed and still.
 
The glistening white cathedral,
of the forest towered high,
And I, a humble worshipper,
Sensed God was passing by!
 
I do not know what happened,
But I am not the same,
And I went home a better soul
...Than when I came!
 
~ Grace E. Easley

No comments:

Post a Comment