Saturday, January 17, 2015

I Trust Him Still

 
I trusted God when skies were bright,
And summer days were blue and gold,
When life held only joy-filled days
And happiness was mine to hold.
 
I trusted God when roses bloomed,
When autumn showed her lovely face,
But when the season passed, and all
Was stripped of beauty and of grace -
 
I found life's winter, too, was bleak.
My skies once blue now overcast.
Storm clouds were looming, and I asked -
"Can I trust now, as in the past?"
 
I trusted when the skies were bright,
And roses bloomed so sweet and fair.
How small my faith if now I ceased
To trust God's wisdom and His care.
 
I trust Him still. And when has passed
All heartache, and the winter's gloom,
I know I'll see, and love more dear,
A summer day when roses bloom.
 
~ Beverly J. Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment