Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Guiding Light

 
 Illuminator of my soul,
Shine bright for me today -
Push back the shadows from my path
Till I can see the way
That You would have me go, dear God,
- Don't let me blindly grope -
Let your Holiness surround me
And, too, Your blessed Hope.
Grant me wisdom and discernment
- Bathe my spirit in Light!
Remove from me those obstacles
That so obscure my sight.
And when the way ahead is clear
Please take my by the hand -
For if I try to walk alone,
I'll step in sinking sand.
Dear Jesus, Love of my soul,
You know what' best for me -
And if I stay within Your Light,
That plan You'll let me see.
So grasp my hand and hold it tight,
Lest I begin to stray -
And be my ever Guiding Light
...Beginning with today.
 
~ Denise A. DeWald
 
"... I am the light of the world.
Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness,
but will have the light of life."
John 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment