Wednesday, December 31, 2014

A Prayer

 
Let the lowliest task be mine,
Grateful, so the work be Thine;
Let me find the humblest place
In the shadow of Thy grace;
Blest to me where any spot
Where temptation whispers not.
If there be some weaker one,
Give me strength to help him on;
If a blinder soul there be,
Let me guide him nearer Thee.
 
Make my mortal dreams come true
With the work I fain would do;
Clothe with life the weak intent,
Let me be the thing I meant;
Let me find in Thy employ
Peace that dearer is than joy.
Out of self to love be led,
And to heaven acclimated,
Until all things sweet and good
Seem my natural habitude.
 
~ John Greenleaf Whittier
 
As God's chosen ones,
holy and beloved,
clothe yourselves with compassion,
kindness, humility, meekness
and patience.
Col. 3:12
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment