Tuesday, November 18, 2014

When I'm Afraid


Everytime I am afraid,
And shadows dim the way,
When peace seems to elude me,
Even when I pray,
When I am tired and weary,
Struggling through each task,
And I can find no answers,
To the questions that I ask.

Then, more than any other time,
I turn to You for aid,
Trusting You to set it aright,
The blunders I have made.
Knowing You will gather up 
The pieces from the floor,
Of disillusion, tarnished hopes,
And lovingly restore

Them to their former glory
Without a crack or seam,
And fill the night with peace so I
May close my eyes and dream.
For when I am afraid I know
It's weakness on my part,
Because through every trial I face,
I hold You in my heart.

Dear Lord, please take into account,
This love within my breast,
That burns for You, and know that it
Is all that I possess.

~ Grace E. Easley

No comments:

Post a Comment