Sunday, November 2, 2014

The Storms of Life


From time to time, the storms of life
must fall upon my way,
 I may be bruised and battered
as I stumble through the day,
For the stormy sea may take my boat
and turn it upside down.
By faith I somehow stay afloat
for God won't let me drown.

Sometimes we struggle to survive
according to His will,
But oh, my friend, how good it feels
to climb atop that hill!
Sometimes the wind's not at our back,
but still we run the race.
Sometimes the night night is long and black,
but still I seek His face.

We can't avoid the storms of life -
there's no place we can hide,
But faith proved a lighthouse
where angels still abide,
For once the storm has run its course,
a rainbow shall appear -
A promise from the Lord-of-all
that He is always near!

~ Clay Harrison


No comments:

Post a Comment