Thursday, October 30, 2014

Everywhere I Look


Everywhere I look I find
Some wondrous handiwork of Thine,
Every single day I see
Some lovely thing You've given me.
My heart almost overflows,
At the sight of velvet rose,
Lacy fern, and birds that sing,
Lord, You give me everything.
As the early morning breeze
Softly stirs through leafy trees,
Comes the dawn all steeped in gold,
More than my two arms can hold.

Silver stars throughout the night,
Purple shadows, pale moonlight
Turn my thoughts again to Thee,
Lord, I fear You're spoiling.
Everywhere I look I find
Beauty of the richest kind,
Little joys throughout the day
Almost take my breath away.
How very precious I must be,
That You should have such love for me,
And in each cranny, smallest nook
I find You, everywhere I look.

~ Grace E. Easley

...The heavens declare the glory of God;
and the firmament showeth HIs handiwork.
Ps. 19:1

No comments:

Post a Comment