Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Evening Prayer


 Dear God, what have I done today
To help another on life's way?
Preoccupied, did I not see
Those needs You placed in front of me?

I feel an emptiness tonight
Because I failed to do the right.
 spent my hours selfishly
And Now I come on bended knee.

I sought for happiness my way,
But found a joy that did not stay.
Dear God, forgive my waywardness,
My sins to you I now confess.

Tomorrow, Your love I will spread,
And by Your will, I pray be led.
I'll try my best in every way
To make it, God, a better day.

I'll take time for another's need
With thoughtful word and kindly deed;
And then when comes the eventide
Within my heart peace will abide.

~ Beverly J. Anderson

If we confess our sins,
He is faithful and just
and will forgive us
from all wrongdoing.
1 John 1:9

No comments:

Post a Comment