Saturday, May 17, 2014

Because I'm Human

 
Because I am not perfect,
My best intentions seem
To sometimes miss fulfillment,
Like the texture of a dream.
And I wage a daily battle,
That I very often lose,
Between the things that matter,
And the ones I seem to choose.
 
Because I am no angel,
I am easy to mislead,
In spite of what I know is right,
I'm swayed by pride and greed.
Sometimes I think I love the world,
Too much to want to leave,
Though Eternity awaits me,
And all that I believe.
 
My free will is a problem,
How easy it would be,
If God made the decisions,
And took the job from me.
But in this there is no merit,
I am very well aware,
So I have to work for Heaven,
Every moment I am here.
 
And just because I'm human,
It might take a little long,
To become what I was meant to,
Since I'm really not that strong,
So I'll just keep on a-trying,
And I'll live from day to day,
For my spirit is immortal,
...Though my body's made of clay.
 
~ Grace E. Easley
 


No comments:

Post a Comment