Friday, March 28, 2014

In The Quiet

 
In the quiet of that hour
When alone with Christ I pray,
I find peace which passeth knowledge,
And His strength for all my day.
For I know He loves to listen
To the things that me distress,
And he patiently gives wisdom.
And His words. my heart to bless.
 
In the quiet of His presence,
There, my soul in rest does hide
From the evil that doth press me
In this world of sin, so wide.
'Tis while holding sweet communion
With my blessed Lord and King,
That I learn His ways ad purpose
Which to pass He'll surely bring.
 
In the quiet of communion,
When I find myself alone
With the Master and Redeemer,
I make all  my problems known.
There we meet and talk together,
As a friend would talk to friend;
And it gives a taste of heaven,
Where such times will never end.
 
~ Alma Hoellein

No comments:

Post a Comment