Sunday, March 9, 2014

Better Than Gold


The washer won't wash and the dryer won't dry;
the roof's sprung a leak and he grass is too high.
 
The paint's wearing thin; the car needs repair;
my dog ran away and I'm losing my hair.

I just lost my job and every bill's due,
and all of my friends keep asking, "What's new?
 
But I trust in the Lord and praise Him each day
for all of the good things that happen my way.

I've never been hungry, or naked or cold,
and blessings like this are better than gold.

The love of my wife is a treasure indeed;
the grace of my Savior supplies every need.
 
My children are jewels God placed in my crown,
and friends come around whenever I'm down.

Despite all my troubles, I'm rich as can be,
for better than gold are God's gifts to me!
 
~ Clay Harrison
 
In everything give thanks,
for this is the will of God
in Christ Jesus for you.
1 Thes. 5:18
 

No comments:

Post a Comment