Thursday, February 11, 2016

The Light - The Way


I felt the world had turned me down
And life had left me low;
Though I looked on every side,
My eyes could find but woe.

My friends were gone, and all alone
I argued with despair;
Until I grew so weak and worn
And life was filled with care.

All hope was gone, and as I walked
In darkness and defeat,
I cried, "I quit! There's now way out!"
And death I did intreat.

But in the middle of my darkness
A gentle voice did say:
"Come unto me - no need to fear
I am The Light - The Way.

Though trouble walks on every side,
I shall dwell within
To strengthen and protect you
And keep your heart from sin."

The choice was mine, to live or die,
To lose, or ever win;
Without a word, I fell at His feet,
Such peace there came within.

Somehow I knew that I could be
Whatever He should bid,
And on my feet I stood and said,
"I shall not die, but live!"

Now when I'm tested, tossed and tried,
I still can hear Him say,
"Come unto me, no need to fear,
I am The Light - The Way."

~ Barbara Thompson Young

No comments:

Post a Comment