Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Gethsemane


Forlorn I was, as I knelt to pray,
I could not drive my care away;
It seemed that life was all in vain,
Sunshine gone, just freezing rain.

I cried for mercy in my strife,
That God would bless my daily life,
That somehow I could find the way
To hold my troubles all at bay.

Then I heard a voice, and tenderly,
"Is this then, your Gethsemane?"
And then I knew the love He bore
Would guide my veering ship to shore.

I knew my cares were pretty small,
In Gethsemane He gave His all,
And who was I to kneel, and feel
His love could not all sorrow heal?

I thanked Him with a grateful heart,
And rose to make a better start,
With faith to walk the path He trod,
In joy to rest in the Lap of God.

I knew that from this day till death
I'd sing His praise with every breath,
For how could I linger in Gethsemane
With His gentle hand to quicken me?

~ W.R. Goodman

No comments:

Post a Comment