Wednesday, February 24, 2016

My Home



My home is such a cozy place
So warm and filled with love,
Though just a humble little place
It's blessed by God above.

When cares of life are bothering me
And I feel so alone,
I close the door... The world outside,
And seek my Father's throne.

There on my knees I seek God's face
(or just there in my bed,)
He takes away the cares of life
And gives me peace instead.

The door of home is open wide
To family and friends,
We gather around the table for
The bounty that God sends.

Sometimes I sit and read a book
Or telephone a friend,
Here in my warm and cozy
There's no need to pretend.

Oh, thank You God for this my home,
And make me more aware,
That many have no happy home
With folks that pray and care.

Then help me keep an open door
And heart so full of love,
My home may be a welcome place
That's blessed by God above.

~ Gertrude B. McClain

No comments:

Post a Comment