Sunday, November 15, 2015

This Peace He Gives


I know not why my pathway leads
Through valleys rough and steep,
But this I know, while walking there
I've found communion sweet
With those I love, and, best of all,
With Him who climbed for me,
Beneath a heavy cross, the hill
That led to Calvary.

I know not why so many props
Have gently been removed,
But I do know through every loss
His arms unfailing proved.
I have no reason, none at all,
To doubt His precious Word;
Through all I love be swept away,
His voice would still be heard
Above the storm and, as I lift
My tear-filled eyes to Him,
The great Creator, Lord of all,
He whispers, "Peace," within.

So as I look beyond today,
I pray that I may share
This peace He gives with those who have
A greater cross to bear.
I know not now how long 'till be
Before He calls me home,
But this I know - beneath His wings
I'll never be alone!

~ Alice Hansche Mortenson


No comments:

Post a Comment