Saturday, November 7, 2015

The Three Visitors

 

They came one lonely Winter's eve
When I was at wit's end;
They came because I was alone,
In need of a good friend.
The first came dressed in glory
With a cast of holy light.
She met me as I knelt in prayer -
Faith met me there that night.

I uttered such a broken prayer
I knew it wasn't good,
But then a feeling swept through me,
I felt I understood.
The words were not important,
Just what was in my heart.
Hope became my friend that night -
I knew we'd never part.

Love was my third companion;
She filled me so inside.
She gave me back my self esteem,
Filled me with Godly pride.
The three now travel with me,
Helping me along life's way.
They are the gifts my Father gives
As I turn to Him each day.

~ Nancy Watson Dodrill

No comments:

Post a Comment