Thursday, September 25, 2014

The Chapel On The Hill

 
As twilight shadows softly fall
I slowly wend my way,
To the little Chapel on the hill
To meditate and pray.
 
The weary burdens of this world
At last are all forgot,
My steps are quickened as I near
The Holy place of God.
 
The organ's softly playing
As I step inside the door,
And a quiet contentment fills me
That I never knew before.
 
Then I bow my head in silence
And I left my heart in prayer,
And unburden all my troubles
To the only One who cares.
 
And as I pray, I seem to hear
Him answer me and say,
"Thy sins are all forgiven, son,
Go forth and mend thy ways."
 
Now, as I leave that Hallowed ground
And slowly homeward plod,
My heart is filled with solace
From Communion with my God.
 
~ Catherine MacDonald

No comments:

Post a Comment