Monday, October 26, 2015

The Miles and Years


I look back o'er the miles and years
And see where I have been.
I see again the smiles and tears
As I think back to "then."

So often on the path I chose
My life was surely blessed,
But it was when God led the way
I did my very best.

For He can see the miles ahead
That bruise our weary feet;
He sees beyond our vision
All the obstacles we meet.

I look back o'er the miles and years,
But they are gone forever.
The lessons that I learned somehow
Are all that time can't sever.

I know I serve a changeless God,
So on my knees I pray,
If I am blessed with miles and years,
Please guide me all the way.

~ Gertrude B. McClain

You restore my strength. You
guide me along the right path for
the sake of Your name.
Psalm 23:3

No comments:

Post a Comment