Thursday, October 1, 2015

Indian Summer



Season of splendor that makes my heart sing
For the beauty the Indian Summer does bring,
Crimson and amber and gold leaves fall,
Of birds that chatter and winds that call.
It thrills me through with such delight,
Magic colors on an Autumn night,
Rustling leaves like lullabies
Respond to the warmth of Autumn skies.
Imbued with colors as Nature conceives
Messages of joy my heart receives.
The harvest moon reflects once more
The bountiful wealth of Autumn's store!
And sleeping blooms of Summer lie
And whisper to Autumn a faint good-bye.
The longing and zest of this season at last
Lingers awhile, then fades in the past.
Treasures of earth you will only find
In the Indian Summer that God designed!

~ Gene Appleby

I will delight and rejoice in
You; I will sing hymns to
Your name, Most High.
Psalm 9:3

No comments:

Post a Comment