Saturday, January 16, 2016

It Matters Not


It matters not if I've been hurt;
It matters not at all
That sometimes from my weary eyes
The scalding teardrops fall.
What matters most is if I've erred
And not confessed the sin,
And through my lack some needy soul
Has failed to follow Him.

It matters not if cherished friends
On whom I've leaned in vain
Have wounded me by word and deed
And left with my pain.

What matters is - can I forgive
Again and yet again?
'Tis not "Have they been true?" but "Lord,
Have I been true to them?"

'Twill matter not when evening comes
How rough the road I've trod,
If only I have walked with Him
And led some soul to God!
For when I wake to be like Him
Who saved me by His grace,
Earth's pain will vanish when I catch
One glimpse of His dear face!

~ Alice Hansche Mortenson

No comments:

Post a Comment