Saturday, December 19, 2015

Daybreak



The morning light is breaking, Lord
Another day is here,
Life's problems must again be met,
With heart and vision clear.

Strength for today I ask, dear Lord,
Strength only for today;
Renew my faith, my hope revive,
Illuminate my skies of gray.

For yesterday is past, dear Lord,
Tomorrow I ne'er may see,
Today alone lies in my grasp
To use or lose for eternity.

Help me to lend a helping hand,
To dry the fallen tears,
To give to all whose life touch mine
Some comfort or good cheer.

Help me to sink my poor weak self
With its longings, hopes and fears,
In service to my fellow-man,
Battling through this vale of tears.

Just for today - day by day
Courage and strength I pray
Garnering the good, forgiving the wrong,
Till I've lived my last today.

~ Samuel F. Smith

No comments:

Post a Comment