Thursday, February 20, 2014

The Half I Cannot Tell

 
My heart is overflowing
With gratitude and praise,
To him whose loving kindness
Has followed all my days;
To him who gently leads me
By cool and quiet rills,
And with their balm of comfort
My thirsty spirit fills.
 
I feign would tell the story,
And yet I know full well
The half was never, never told --
The half I cannot tell.
 
Within the vale of blessing,
I walk beneath the light
Reflected from His glory,
That shines forever bright.
I feel His constant presence
Wherever I mat be;
How manifold His goodness,
How rich His grace to me!
 
My heart is overflowing
With love and joy and song,
As if it heard an echo
From yonder ransomed throng;
its every chord is vocal
With music's sweet lay;
And to its home of sunshine
It longs to fly away.
 
~ Fanny Crosby 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment