Friday, February 28, 2014

Changeling


Dear Lord, sometimes You seem so near,
And sometimes far away,
There are instances when I
Can feel You as I pray.
And there are also interludes,
In which it seems that You
Have turned Your back upon me,
 ...And I don't know what to do.

Dear Lord sometimes I am on fire,
And sometimes icy cold,
And many times I am perplexed,
On pausing to behold
Such very changing attitudes,
My soul seems to possess,
Would that I could always feel
Your presence in my breast.

Dear Lord, sometimes I feel that
I am surely Heaven-bound,
And then I most abruptly find
Me face-down on the ground.
I have so many highs and lows,
I am surprised that You
Can keep me on a steady course,
The way You always do.

Dear Lord, I am a changeling,
And a creature of this earth,
And yet within me is a soul,
That is of priceless worth.
And sometimes if I falter,
When the way grows rough and long,
Just pick me up and hold me
To your heart, where I belong.
 
~ Grace E. Easley
 

No comments:

Post a Comment