Sunday, January 12, 2014

By Faith Alone

 

When I recall the blessings
God has scattered all along my way,
The unexpected little joys
That form the fiber of each day,
When I remember lovely things
That turn the greyest skies to blue,
A ray of sunlight seems to fall
Among the hills I wander through.
 
When my fumbling fingers find,
Despite all wisdom and all wit,
That many of the pieces of
Life's puzzle do not seem to fit,
He has a way of sorting out
The interlocking shapes for me,
Until the pattern falls in place,
Aligned in perfect symmetry.
 
And so it is forevermore,
And I must trust His guiding hand,
His wondrous ways that reach beyond
All I can hope to understand.
The instances of faith restored,
Of hope renewed and love received,
Are all that is required for one
...Who has not seen and yet believed.
 
~ Grace E. Easley

No comments:

Post a Comment