Saturday, December 21, 2013

Gentle Jesus

Gentle Jesus listen closely
To the words that I would say,
'Tis with love that knows no limits,
That I come to Thee today.
For without You life is empty,
With no comfort any place,
I have naught save You to help me,
Do not turn away Thy face.

Gentle Jesus teach me patience,
Take away this foolish pride,
Grant I only be permitted,
To continue at Thy side.
Though my heart is sometimes weary,
And my eyes are filled with tears,
I have only but to tell Thee,
And my sorrow disappears.
Gentle Jesus, Lord and Master,
Deep within this human shell,
Lives a soul which Thou hast ransomed,
It would love Thee long and well.
You have felt as I am feeling,
Who could better understand,
Than the One who meekly listened,
To their "crucify the Man!"

~ Grace E. Easley

5 comments: