Thursday, October 17, 2013

I Know You're There


I know You're there
when dawn begins to paint
The skies with color high above my head.
I know You're there when birds begin to sing
In spite of rain, a happy song instead.
I know You're there along the narrow path
That winds beyond the summit of a hill.
And when the twilight falls,
'neath stars above,
Within the silence I have found You still.

I know You're there
throughout the busy hours
I scarce have time to whisper Your sweet Name,
When snowflakes turn the winter world to white,
And autumn burns the hills with her bright flame.
I know You're there
when spring peeps through the ground.
And bluebells softly ripple in the wind,
When summer comes and dappled shadows lend
A quiet peace beyond the river's bend.

I know You're there
beyond the slightest doubt,
So many times I've felt Your presence when
Doubt blocked the way or when a bridge was out,
And once again You helped me on again.
And through the years when it may well appear
I walk alone and there are none to care,
Dear Lord,
what breathless joy to turn around,
...And find You there!
 
~ Grace E. Easley

No comments:

Post a Comment