Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Woodchucking


I have chased fugacious woodchucks over many leagues of land, 
But at last they’ve always vanished in a round
 hole in the sand; 
And though I’ve been woodchucking many 
times–upon my soul–
I have never bagged my woodchuck, for he 
always found his hole. 

l have chased my hot ambitious through the
meadow while with flowers,
Chased them through the clover blossoms, 
chased them through the orchard 
bowers;

Chased them through the old scrub pastures
till, with weariness of soul
f at last have seen them vanish like a 
woodchuck In his hole. 

But there's fun In chasing woodchucks, and 
I’ll chase the vision still, 
ft it leads me through the dark pine woods 
and up the stony hill.
There's a glorious expectation that still 
lingers In my soul, 
That some day i’ll catch that woodchuck ere
he slides into his hole. 

~ Anonymous

No comments:

Post a Comment