Sunday, October 30, 2016

America


I have followed your beautiful valleys
Dug out by the hand of God.
I have roamed your level prairies
Where herds of bison trod;
And I have climbed your rugged mountains,
Majestic, stern, and still,
And perched aloft on a lonesome crag
Where the winter's wind blew chill.

I have sat on the edge of the canyon's rim
And heard its waterfalls roar
And seen through the haze of mountain maze
The lonesome eagle soar.
On oceans deep where wild winds sweep
And waves roll loud and high,
I have wondered how God made it all
And the beautiful starlit sky.

O America, I love you
Deep as your mountains are high;
And my love for you will always be
True blue as your summer sky.
You are beautiful and noble,
Immense, rugged, and grand.
America, I love you,
My own, my native land.

~ Homer E. Dixon

No comments:

Post a Comment